I’m back and I have a super simple recipe for cupcakes. You probably already have these ingredients but don’t worry if you don’t because you can get all of these very cheap. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
- 100 g Flour
- 100 g Caster Sugar (you can use granulated too, though)
- 100 g Butter or Margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Large Eggs
- A wooden spoon
- Three mixing bowls
- A fork or whisk
- An electric mixer if you have one. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- An oven (this one is really important. You+ Raw cake batter= One angry tummy!)
- Cupcake liners
- A muffin tin
- An ice-cream scoop (optional)
- A skewer or a toothpick
1) Wash your hands and make sure to have everything you need ready so you don’t have to hunt for it later.
2) Weigh out your ingredients and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
3) Put your sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and cream until you get a smooth and fluffy mixture. You can use a stand or electric hand mixer to simplify this step if you have one. This step takes about 5 minutes to make sure the two ingredients are well combined.
4) In another bowl, get your flour and baking powder and mix so the baking powder is spread evenly and the cake will rise nicely.
5) Crack the eggs one at a time, okay? Then beat them with a fork until the yolk is mixed with the white.
6) Now it’s time to add the flour and eggs to the sugary butter mix. Alternate adding a little flour with some egg so it doesn’t go lumpy and combine until you get a smooth, even batter. TIP: If you struggle with this step try adding about a tbsp. of milk and try mixing again.
7) Line the muffin tin with your cupcake liners of choice.
8) Next, get the teaspoons out and proceed carefully as this can get MESSY. An ice-cream scoop comes in handy here because you can easily get even amounts of mix in the liners and it’s less messy too. Or, use one spoon to scoop the mix and the other one to scrape it into the bowl. Only put the same amount in each liner otherwise they’ll bake at different times and you’ll end up with raw or burnt cakes. If there is any batter left then split the remaining mix among the cupcake liners.
9) With oven mitts, carefully insert your muffin tin into the oven and bake. Keep watch on your cakes! Once they turn a golden brown, you can check if they’re done. Opening the oven before they look done makes the oven lose heat and could also collapse the cakes. Take a skewer or toothpick and gently poke the centre of the cakes. If it comes out clean the cakes are done. But if the skewer comes out sticky then the cakes need a little longer in the oven.
10) Be careful when handling the baked goods as they are HOT. Place the cakes on a cooling rack and wait for them to cool down.
11) Enjoy your delicious cupcakes!
That was my easy-as-cake recipe! If you found this useful then like, share and follow for more madness. I’ll see you all later.
But until next time, keep blabbing!