How’s your day? Yes? Then good on you! No? I just asked you about your day so it’s not all bad.
After re-blogging The Fifty Bookish Questions Book Tag (thanks, Geeky Auror!) I have decided to try it out as my *gasp* first tag ever. I know you guys are supposed to ask me any of these but that will take too long so… you’re welcome!
1. What is your favourite book and/or book series of all time?
Oh my gosh, this is a hard one… I’ll have to go with The Baby-Sitter’s Club by Anne M. Martin.
2. What is the longest book you have ever read? How many pages?
This may not be correct, but I think that it has to be Meet Me at the Cupcake Café by Jenny Colgan at just under 500 pages.
3. What is the oldest book you have ever read? (Based on its written date)
What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge is 145 years old now.
4. What is a book series that everyone else loves but you do not?
If you like this I’m sorry, but I can’t stand the Zom-B books by Darren Shan. It’s not for me; the covers give me nightmares, never mind what lies inside! I prefer lighter content.
5. What book or book series would you like to see turned into a film/ TV series?
I want to see Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nichols become a film.
6. What is your favourite stand-alone book?
Now I can’t answer this one. I’d feel guilty as there are so many!
7. What is a book that you feel glad for not reading?
50 Shades of Grey by E. L James. Just no!
8. What is a book that you feel guilty for not reading?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, but it’s on my Reading Wish list: May Edition so cut me a break!
9. What is a book you recommend?
I think you should read Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nichols.
10. What is a book that you own more than one copy of?
I have more than one copy of a lot of books, but I have two copies of Demon Dentist by David Walliams.
11. What horror book made you really scared?
Blood House by Dave Gatward. This was a rare occasion when I convinced myself I was brave enough to read a horror book.!
12. What book do you passionately hate?
Ahem. I’m looking at you, 50 Shades of Grey!
13. What is the biggest book series you have read? How many books are in it?
I have read of the Harry Potter books, does that count?
14. What book gives you happy memories?
Ok. This may sound childish but I remember a book called You Choose illustrated by Nick Sharrat and I never got bored with it!
15. What book made you cry?
Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nichols.
16. What book made you laugh?
Any Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.
17. What is your favourite book that contains an LGBTQ+ character?
For some reason I have never come across a book with any character that are any of the above, but if I did I would read it.
18. Have you read a book with a male protagonist? What is it?
Percy Jackson is my favourite series about a male character.
19. Have you read a book set on another planet? What is it?
No, but I would love to!
20. Have you ever been glad to not finish a series? Which?
21. Have you ever read a book series because you were pressured?
No, I make my own choices!
22. What famous author have you not read any books by?
I have never read a book by Stephanie Meyer.
23. Who is your favourite author of all time?
Whyyyyyyy! I just cannot choose!
24. How many bookshelves do you own?
I have a bookcase with 8 shelves.
25. How many books do you own?
I don’t know, about 200?
26. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
I don’t really read non-fiction, so anything by Brian Cox.
27. What is your favourite children’s/middle-grade book?
Jane Blonde, Sensational Spylet by Jill Marshall. I remember buying it with my mother when I was a child.
28. What is your next book on your TBR?
Potion Diaries 3: Going Viral by Amy Alward.
29. What book are you currently reading?
Because the last Geek Girl by Holly Smale came out recently, I read the first one.
30. What book are you planning on buying next?
The third Potion Diaries book.
31. What was the cheapest book you bought?
I went to a car-boot sale, asked how much a book was and the kind man let me have it for free!
32. What was the most expensive book you bought?
Umm… I don’t really know! I have been blessed with a wonderful family. My grandfather bought me the Lord of the Rings box set and the Complete Works of Shakespeare. One Christmas I was given the full collection of Amelia Jane books by my aunties. My mother and father always got me the books I asked for on my birthday. The only time I bought full price was when I went to Ireland and got The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness for €20.
33. What is a book you read after seeing the movie/ TV series?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
34. What is the newest book you have bought?
Geek Girl by Holly Smale.
35. What three books are you most looking forward to reading this year?
The Potion Diaries 3, I’ll re-read Family Trust by Amanda Brown (author of Legally Blonde) and I want to read A High Mortality of Doves by Kate Ellis.
36. What is a book you love that has a terrible trope? (Love triangle, etc)
Let me think… I guess it has to be Family Trust by Amanda Brown.
37. Have you read a book in a different language? What was it?
No I haven’t, but it’s on my bucket list.
38. What is a book you’ve read that is set in a time period before you were born?
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery.
39. What book offended you?
I try to keep an open mind so I can’t think of one to date that has offended me.
40. What is the weirdest book you have read?
Everything I read is weird in a way!
41. What is your favourite duology?
I can’t think of any Duologies. Sorry!
42. What is your favourite trilogy?
The Inkworld series by Cornelia Funke- Brendan Frasier was the perfect Mo.
43. What book did you buy because of its cover?
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I like the new cover.
44. What is a book that you love, but has a terrible cover?
I love the Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene but the covers need updating.
45. Do you own a poetry anthology? What is your favourite poem from it?
I like poetry but I don’t own an anthology.
46. Do you own any colouring books based off other books?
Yes. I have a Moomins colouring book. I wanted a Fantastic Beast one but then I remembered I can’t colour for my life!
47. Do you own any historical fiction?
I have a book called Victoria, about the queen as a princess and it’s written in diary form. I love it!
48. What book made you angry?
I love fairy tales but I don’t get Rapunzel. Cut your hair, braid a rope, abseil down the tower. I have nothing against this story and it is cutesy but I want to see something a little different to the usual damsel-in-distress shtick.
49. What book has inspired you?
Which book hasn’t. I think the one that I relate to the most is Geek Girl. I can identify with Harriet Manners and see myself in her.
50. What book got you into reading?
I have always read, my parents got me a library card as soon as I could talk! Which, believe me, was freakishly early. Before that, they read to me, I remember a little board book that stuck to the fridge called “More Cheese Please!” This is the book I will never forget.
So there it is! My version of the 50 Bookish Questions tag. I If you liked this, please drop a like so I know that I made you smile! I love to see what you think so comment and share as well. Follow for more Princess Blabbermouth madness and I’ll see y’all later.
But until next time, Keep Blabbing!