The weather is getting warmer, but that doesn’t always guarantee that the sun will be out. Many summer days have been ruined because of the rain. What’s that saying about silver linings? Because here I have compiled a list of seven things you can do on a rainy day.
- Write a poem or a short story. Even if you don’t write a lot, grab a pen and a pad of paper and have a go at writing a masterpiece. You never know if it’s going to be any good unless you try.
- Bake or cook something. Got a recipe you’re dying to try? Go forth from here and conquer the kitchen as you were born to do! Culinary chemistry- food is many things but it is also a science.
- Build a fort. Who says camping has to be outdoors. Who says dragging chairs together, draping blankets over and covering the floor in cushions is childish?! I still do it. I can’t be the only one. Guys? Guys?
- Read a book. You know it’s been a while since you took a trip to Narnia, Panem or Privet Drive.
- Write a list of things, tear each one off so it’s one its own and pop them into a jar. When you have nothing to do, take a random task from the jar and complete it.
- Learn a new skill. I can’t tell you how happy I was when I finally got my back-bend! For someone who struggles to touch their toes from time to time, this was a huge achievement.
- Write a letter, card, email or message to someone who you haven’t seen in a while. It will make their day and knowing you did that will make yours too!
I hope you enjoyed my list of things to do on a rainy day, if you did, drop a like to let me know. Share and comment so other human beings have hope on a rainy day and follow me for more madness!