Yesterday I told you that I got my hands on a copy of Alex Rider Point Blanc the graphic novel (I have yet to read the book) and that you should expect a review. Here it is!
Because I have never read a graphic novel before, I can’t offer a lot, because I have nothing to compare it to. All I can say is:
- The illustration is amazing!
- The colours chosen are great
- The word choice is a nice touch because there is a lot of onomatopoeia some of these words are spelt differently, does anyone know why? For example, “cough” is spelt “kof”. I think it’s for easier and faster reading but comment down below if you know why and want to help a rookie out!
- I don’t know what to think of Alex with short hair. I can’t say why he gets a haircut or I’ll spoilt it but it’s a good reason so I’ll have to let him off this time!
- I was shocked when I saw Alex pull out a bottle labelled “dry gin”! The schoolboy spy, not allowed to carry a gun, drinking?! Then I laughed with relief because I saw that he emptied it and filled it with water.
I know that’s a short list but for my first graphic novel, it was so good I finished it this morning! If you enjoyed this post then like, share and comment what you think of graphic novels? Love ’em, hate ’em, not tried ’em? Let me know! Follow me for more madness and I’ll see you in the next post,