Hello beautiful people!
Of course everyone has a different way of doing things so if you have your own routine that differs from this “tutorial” thing-y then you are not wrong. You are unique! But to make new make-up user’s lives easier and give you some guidance, I have created a step-by-step guide on the order in which to apply make-up. You don’t have to use every product. Only use make-up you want to, don’t feel pressure because you are good enough. It is a fun way to express yourself and be creative because there are endless possibilities!
- Primer or moisturizer. Pick one because moisturizer affects how your primer works.
- Foundation. Apply smoothly and evenly for a flawless look.
- Concealer and colour correctors. Add concealer sparingly and only use on dark circles or blemishes because foundation will do most of the work for you.
- Powder. You can either use a powder that matches your foundation or a translucent one and apply a light dusting of powder to set your face.
- Eyes and Lips. For eyes: shadow, liner, mascara. For lips; balm, liner, lipstick, gloss.
- Cheeks. Sweep across the apples of your cheeks. If using a powder then brush onto eyes (after applying eye make-up if you choose to use that) to add a pop of colour.
I have not included highlighting, contouring or eyebrows or any complex techniques because:
- I am no expert and know the bare essentials of make-up and
- Because some readers may be beginners it’s best to start small and not wear too much or you could get overwhelmed.
Remember, good skin care is essential because if you don’t take care of your skin then you’ll get blemishes. When you do get spots, don’t wear more make-up as it’ll make your skin worse. Just take extra care when cleansing and let your skin breathe.
That was the order in which to apply make-up, if you enjoyed reading it then like, share and comment which steps you would change and why. Follow me for more madness and I’ll see you all later!