I want to share an easy recipe for a loaf cake that reminds me of summer at home with my family. This recipe is for a lemon drizzle cake and makes a small amount, perfect for a last-minute dessert or to serve 2-4 people.
You will need:
- 50g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar (you can use white if you don’t have caster)
- 50g margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder or bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 egg
- icing sugar (for the drizzle)
How to make it:
- In a bowl, cream together the flour, sugar, margarine and egg until smooth.
- Crack one egg and mix into cake batter.
- Add one teaspoon baking powder and combine.
- Grate zest of 1/2 a lemon and stir into the mix.
- Bake until the cake looks golden and passes this test: poke a cocktail stick into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean it’s done!
- While the cake is in the oven, squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon into a jug and add 2 tablespoons of icing sugar along with 1 tablespoon of water. Mix until you get a smooth and semi-clear liquid, not too thick but not too watery.
- When the cake is cooked, poke more holes into it with a cocktail stick so the drizzle will sink in and then pour the drizzle onto the cake to give it a nice shine.
- Wait until it’s cool enough to eat and then enjoy!
That was my Lemon Drizzle Cake, if you enjoyed reading this post then like and comment what your favourite flavour cake is. If you make this then post a picture and use the tag Fabulous Foodie Frenzy so I can see how they turned out! Follow me for more madness and I’ll see you all later.
But until next time, keep blabbing!