In my 100th post I mentioned that I sat in my wardrobe for an hour (and three minutes to be precise). No, I am not crazy, so you don’t need to worry. If my parents read this then the next family dinner should be interesting.
Simone Giertz is a dope human whose website and YouTube channel you should go check out. Simone wants to go to space and in one video she locked herself in her own bathroom for 48 whole hours! She had no contact with the outside world, no internet and she only ate freeze-dried food. (Luckily she decided to bring a kettle last-minute!)
Because I don’t think I could last so long cooped-up or eat in my bathroom, I decided to sit in my dark wardrobe with the door shut for an hour.
Here are some of my findings:
- Time moves so slowly in a wardrobe! Seriously, I had a great time reading a book (book lights come in handy when you can’t use your phone) but when I checked the time, I had only been sat there for 12 minutes!
- When you sit in a wardrobe, make sure you have enough room. Okay, so my wardrobe is- when the floor is clear- roomy enough to stretch out and take a nap. But unfortunately, half of my wardrobe floor has boxes there and I only had enough space to pull my knees to my chest. You can’t even begin to imagine the horrifying cracking sound my knees made when I finally escaped.
- Narnia is harder to find than you think. Honestly, I was in there for an hour and I couldn’t see Mr. Tumnus anywhere!
- Bring food. I am so glad I chose to bring an apple and a French pastry because I got hungry! I left the apple alone though, I wasn’t desperately hungry and I knew I only had to survive an hour. But you get bored and tired quickly and you start to notice your hunger more when you are alone in a wardrobe.
- Wear pyjamas! I wore pyjamas for this challenge and I strongly recommend that you do the same (if you are crazy enough to do this! Please be responsible and always tell an adult what you are up to. They know what’s good for you). It’s dark and cramped and you will want to be as comfy a possible. Although I had no room to take a nap, I totally wanted to. It was surprisingly warm and cosy.
- I expected to have a sudden realisation or be visited by unicorns or something but it’s really peaceful. I just chilled out and there were no life changing events. I still had fun though!
That was my story about staying in a wardrobe for an hour! I had no phone and didn’t leave at all or speak to anyone. (Bathroom breaks were allowed but I didn’t have to go.) If you liked reading about my crazy antics then like, share and comment so I know to post more story times. Follow me for more madness and I’ll see y’all later!