Well. The whole “a post a day thing” is even harder than I thought. What sort of state was I in when I chose to do Blogmas? Oh, right. I finished eating my chocolate advent calendar and here we are now.
I wasn’t here yesterday, that’s why there was no fourth day of Blogmas post. But hear me out. You know when you decide to actually save your advent calendar and then forget to eat one? Well then that means you get to eat two the next day! This is actually quite like that situation. You didn’t get a post from me yesterday, so you get a double shot of Blogmas cheer now!
One of my favourite festive treats is hot chocolate. I know it is easier and faster to just stir cocoa powder into a mug of warm milk, but I think it tastes so much better with real chocolate. You can use your favourite chocolate or just whatever you have to hand.
- Pour as much milk as you need into a saucepan. You can make it for yourself or for everyone if friends and family come over for the holidays.
- Add your chocolate. I would use a few squares from a block, about four to six. If you want more or less feel free to change it up.
- Melt the chocolate into the milk.
- Stir the chocolate to stop it burning and sticking to the pan. I thought chocolate smelled amazing all the time, but burnt chocolate doesn’t smell so good!
- Pour into a mug (or a thermos) and wait until it’s cool enough for you to drink.
So that was how to make hot chocolate with real chocolate. It really warms me up, totally worth it if you have the time to make it. I know this post was short but it was certainly sweet! If you are new here and would like to keep up with my madness then follow and you will know when I update.